Monday 22 February 2010

February 2010 news update


Burmese children’s church
It’s been almost 2 years now since we began ministering to the children in the Burmese community near to where we live.We could never have imagined the way that God would move amongst them – we have felt privileged to be a part of their journey in getting to know Jesus. It is hard to express on behalf of someone else what they are experiencing on a very personal level – but here is what some of them have to say about their journey with God so far:

” I am so proud that I am getting to know God and Jesus. If I am sad, I ask God to help and I believe God can help me and my family.” Jan (13 years)

“The day that I met P’Noiy and I got to know God and Jesus, was the happiest day for me. I want more teams to come back to teach me again. I want to know God more. Everything that P’Noiy has taught me has touched me so much – especially that Jesus died on the cross for me.” Nisa (10 years)

“Jesus listens to what I pray all the time. I promise that I will not forget Him. I will respect and obey Him forever and love God.” Chaimon (12 years)

This summer we are helping to make a very simple dream come true for this very special group of kids. Chances are, these kids will never have the opportunity to do many of the things that you and I did as children. We want to help them to be bold enough to dream big dreams but also to believe that they deserve to have everyday dreams of things they would like to do- they deserve to enjoy their childhood just as much as any other children. We want them to know that they are not only as good as the Thai children they see every day, but even more importantly that their Father in Heaven loves them and created each of them with a special purpose.

On Easter weekend, the perfect time to reflect on all that Jesus has done for us, we will be taking 18-20 of them camping. We want each of the kids to be able to have their own sleeping bag and are hoping to purchase 10 two sleeper tents. Just $30 will help us to purchase 1 tent and 2 sleeping bags. If you would like to help us to make this simple dream come true, you can donate online at:www.ywamthai.org/onlinedonations.php
(Please state that the money should go to Ratchaburi –and specify for ‘The Lords tents camping’).



As a

family we headed up to the YWAM 50 year celebration in Chiang Mai at the end of January. We were away for a week and it was wonderful to see many old friends and to make some new ones. Daniel loved seeing all the new sights that the north of Thailand has to offer, and doing all sorts of exciting things like feeding elephants and riding on horse drawn carriages. Naomi still likes to sleep a lot and missed a lot of the sights because of it, but she adapted very well over the time that we were away. We can’t believe that Daniel will be 2 next month and that Naomi is almost 6 months old. They sure are growing up fast!


This past week, Bronwyn and Naomi were involved in a car accident. Our car is very badly damaged, but by the grace of God neither Bronwyn nor Naomi got so much as a scratch on them from the accident. Thank the Lord for His divine protection!

Please continue to pray for us as we serve God here in Ratchaburi. We just love what He is doing through our family here – but we are aware that the enemy does not. Pray for protection, health, strength and wisdom as we serve Him each new day. We need you to be a part of our team by lifting us up in prayer!

Blessings

Noiy and Bronwyn


No comments: